HTS wants to be a good citizen in our community and the world. In the past year, we have contributed to:
- Hope du Jour – Crisis Control Ministry, in May each year we donate 10% of our proceeds to Crisis Control Ministry on Hope Du Jour day
- BUS Stop Educator Appreciation Initiative, providing a free beverage with the purchase of a platter to WSFCS employees.
- Open Arms Community of the United Methodist Church, providing dinner semi-annually for 50 neighbors.
- Children of Vietnam, donating money, time and goods to help build bright futures for vulnerable children in Vietnam.
- Make-a-Wish Foundation, donating gift cards for silent auction to help grant a wish.
- Sunrise United Methodist Church, feeding church members who were engaged in mission projects.
- March of Dimes/Forsyth Technical Community College, donating gift cards for silent auction in annual fundraising drive.
- Clemmons United Methodist Church, supporting their youth mission trip.
- Jerry Long YMCA, annual giving campaign.
- Calvary Baptist Church, music program.
Honky Tonk Smokehouse Donation Policy
Honky Tonk Smokehouse (HTS) strives to be a good citizen in our community by frequently donating our time, food, and services to meet needs that are brought to our attention by our friends, family and frequent customers. However that also means that, to be able to stay in business, we may consider and refuse many of the requests that we receive. Here is the policy that we have developed to help us respond to requests and choose which causes to support.
Honky Tonk Smokehouse offers 501(c)(3) or similar qualifying organizations the opportunity to purchase a gift card at a discounted price or receive a BOGO card for an auction, door prize, or award. Under some circumstances, we may also offer food at a discounted price or include our time for serving at an event.
If you are a frequent customer of HTS, please bring your request to the restaurant after 5:00 to see one of the owners. You may arrange a meeting via email to email@example.com. We need to know:
– The cause and why it is important to you
– What you are requesting from HTS
– The benefit we could receive
– How our participation would be acknowledged (included in event promotional literature, announced to participants, etc.)
– When and how we should reach you with our decision
If approved, you will be required to provide an acceptable form of certification which includes official IRS documentation of 501(c)(3) and/or tax exemption status.
We look forward to collaborating with you to improve our community.
Sam and Susan Platt, owners
Tue thru Sat: 11am - 8pm
Closed Sun & Mon