HTS wants to be a good citizen in our community and the world. In the past year, we have contributed to:
- Hope du Jour – Crisis Control Ministry, in May each year we donate 10% of our proceeds to Crisis Control Ministry on Hope Du Jour day
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC, helping local residents to feed themselves or their family through access to healthy food.
- Women of Wisdom, feeding women and offering spiritual, emotional and physical support to women who face life-controlling and demanding issues.
- March of Dimes/Forsyth Technical Community College, donating gift cards for silent auction in annual fundraising drive.
- Sunrise United Methodist Church, feeding church members who were engaged in mission projects.
- Triad Restorative Justice, feeding teens participating in a PeaceBuilders summer workshop to develop skills in conflict resolution, violence prevention, and leadership.
- iCan House, donated funds and feed staff who a positive and supportive place where all are accepted without judgment to learn skills required for success in life.
- Children of Vietnam, donating money, time and goods to help build bright futures for vulnerable children in Vietnam.
- Reagan High School Athletic Booster Club Silver Sponsor, feeding the coaches and staff
- Jerry Long YMCA, helping send a kid to summer camp.
- St. John’s Lutheran School, raising funds for this Christian school.
- BUS Stop Educator Appreciation Initiative, providing a free beverage with the purchase of a platter to WSFCS employees.
Honky Tonk Smokehouse Donation Policy
Honky Tonk Smokehouse (HTS) strives to be a good citizen in our community by frequently donating our time, food, and services to meet needs that are brought to our attention by our friends, family and frequent customers. However that also means that, to be able to stay in business, we may consider and refuse many of the requests that we receive. Here is the policy that we have developed to help us respond to requests and choose which causes to support.
Honky Tonk Smokehouse offers 501(c)(3) or similar qualifying organizations the opportunity to purchase a gift card at a discounted price or receive a BOGO card for an auction, door prize, or award. Under some circumstances, we may also offer food at a discounted price or include our time for serving at an event.
If you are a frequent customer of HTS, please bring your request to the restaurant after 5:00 to see one of the owners. You may arrange a meeting via email to email@example.com. We need to know:
– The cause and why it is important to you
– What you are requesting from HTS
– The benefit we could receive
– How our participation would be acknowledged (included in event promotional literature, announced to participants, etc.)
– When and how we should reach you with our decision
If approved, you will be required to provide an acceptable form of certification which includes official IRS documentation of 501(c)(3) and/or tax exemption status.
We look forward to collaborating with you to improve our community.
Sam and Susan Platt, owners
Tue thru Sat: 11am - 8pm
Closed Sun & Mon